The modern-day Brita filter is here and it's completely natural. Switch to these bamboo charcoal water filters and never look back.
- Fully compostable
- Will last around 2 months
- Can then be reused for cleaning
- See how to use guide below
Once they've started coming to the end of their life you can use them to clean the bathroom, or kitchen or place into the fridge to keep it smelling fresh. They can also be used to remove moisture from damp areas! Isn't that incredible!
They come in a natural cotton bag.
All you need to do is pop the filters into a jug or bottle of water and then let them work their magic as they filter out impurities such as chlorine and chloramines.
Use approx: 1 litre jug = 3 - 4 pieces; 2 litre jug = 6 - 8 pieces
1. Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent).
2. Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise & allow to cool and dry.
3. Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use).
4. Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It's then ready to drink.
5. Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
6. Replace with new charcoal after 2 months approx.
Made from charcoal!
EcoLiving are plastic-free, with sustainably-manufactured products and, even better, are carbon neutral! Furthermore, they help with reforestation, agroforestry and reducing poverty by supporting the Eden Reforestation Projects. We love their ethos!